A few reminders about other activities this week that weren’t in the bulletin sent out on Sunday.
– @NP NOW –
W Jan 23 Gr. 4-9 SWIMMING
- Please send a swim suit and towel in a bag as Gr. 4-9 will go swimming at SAIT today.
F Jan 25 ACTION Friday – U of C Multi-sport
- Please return the signed waiver ASAP to the main office. Students will not be able to participate if we do not have a signed waiver.
- A hard-copy of the waiver was sent home with each student. If you are unable to find it, you can print and sign the waiver HERE.
- Students will be playing Squash/Racquetball and doing a HipHop workshop.
– BE HEARD –
Accountability Pillar Survey
As an annual check-up on the education system, the Accountability Pillar provides an opportunity for Alberta Education and school authorities to ensure that we are equipping students for success.
The Accountability Pillar uses a set of 16 indicators. Data on these indicators consists of surveys of students, parents and teachers on various aspects of education quality, and provincial assessments of student learning.
From January to the end of February, Alberta Education will conduct the annual Accountability Pillar Survey.In January, parents of students in grades 4-9 will receive a survey from Alberta Education.In February, students in grades 4-9 and all teachers will complete their surveys online at school. All surveys are anonymous and ask questions about experiences with your school. In addition to English and French, the parent survey is available in Chinese, Punjabi, Arabic, Blackfoot, Dene, Cree, Korean, Spanish, Tagalog and Urdu.
Your participation in the survey helps provide important information on the quality of education your child is receiving, so we encourage you to return your survey promptly.
Survey results will be available to school authorities in May, and will be reported publicly as part of their 3-Year Education Plans and Annual Education Results Reports, which are published in November annually.
REVIEW NORTH POINT
Help other Boys thrive at school!
Your word of mouth is creating a huge buzz around the community. A large portion of the prospective families coming to see us at Open Houses, booking school tours and phoning us have heard about the school from our current families – THANK YOU. There are a couple more easy ways you can continue to help – they will take a few minutes of your time:
- Write a short review of something great about the school on GOOGLE REVIEW – HERE (click Write a Review on the right side of the page).
- Write a short review on our FACEBOOK page
- Send someone the link for info about our next OPEN HOUSE FEB. 27
Athletics – Basketball
Boys play Jan 24 and again Feb. 5. Full CISAA basketball game information is available HERE.
Lunch will be Pizza from Papa John’s
- A variety of cheese, pepperoni and ham+pineapple
- Gluten-free cheese pizza also available
Please join us for the monthly meeting of the North Point parent council. All parents of currently enrolled students are welcome to attend.
For more information about the Friends of North Point Society (FNPS), please visit HERE.
Remember to order by WEDNESDAY of the week prior to the lunch.