About North Point School for Boys & Our Team
North Point Schools taps into our students’ natural curiosity and energy as a foundation for life-long learning. North Point Schools includes our K-9 Boys School, K-9 Girls School and Co-Ed High School. We create environments and experiences for students in Kindergarten to Grade 12 in which they are challenged and motivated, developing into young people of integrity with a genuine love of learning. Through strong mentors, experiential and personalized learning, students will develop skills needed to become boys and girls of character ready to navigate tomorrow’s world.
Founded in 2014, we have grown from 7 to 200 students overall. Our faculty and staff are a small dynamic team of dedicated professionals. We hire Alberta Education certified teachers who are committed to inspiring student’s intellectual, creative, and physical potential to develop a passion for learning, health, the community, life and its exciting challenges.
North Point High School is a co-ed school with approximately 40 students and growing. We are seeking a full-time (1.0) Chemistry teacher to join our team for the 2024-25 school year. The successful candidate will also have other teaching, supervisory, and extra-curricular responsibilities as determined by the school principal. Preference will be given to candidates that can also teach high school Physics.
What you Bring to North Point
Qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor of Education.
- Alberta Education teaching certificate or interim certificate in good standing.
- 1-5 years of teaching experience.
- Proficient in the use of technology in teaching – comfortable using multiple learning apps and proficient with Microsoft programs, and Google apps.
- Desires to work with and build strong relationships with students.
- Values mentorship and building character as much as academic pursuits.
- Ability to personalize programming and work with students with various learning abilities.
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent classroom management, organization and planning skills.
- Thrives in a positive team environment and easily adapts to change.
- Communicates with parents, students, and co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Confident problem-solver.
- Works with a high standard of integrity.
- Willing to accept extracurricular duties.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit www.northpoint.school/careers and complete the online application form. Candidates must submit a cover letter with résumé to be considered. Applications will be open until the position is filled.
*While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.