About North Point School & Our Team
North Point School for Boys taps into boys’ natural curiosity and energy as a foundation for life-long learning. We create environments and experiences for Kindergarten to Grade 12 boys in which they are challenged and motivated, developing into young men of integrity with a genuine love of learning. Through strong mentorship, personalized learning and purposeful active experiences, students will develop skills needed to become boys of character ready to navigate tomorrow’s world.
Founded in 2014, we have grown from 7 to 120+ students in six short years. Our faculty and staff are a small dynamic team who work cohesively and drive the road less-travelled. We hire Alberta Education certified teachers who are committed to inspiring boy’s intellectual, creative, and physical potential to develop a passion for learning, healthy lifestyles, community involvement and living life to the fullest.
The North Point grade 5 teaching position is a full-time (1.0) position that commences August 24, 2021. In addition to teaching the grade 5 classes, the successful candidate will provide classroom mentorship and have supervisory responsibilities, along with planning learning excursions for our Action Fridays.
What you Bring to North Point
Qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor of Education.
- Alberta Education teaching certificate or interim certificate in good standing.
- 1-5 years of experience.
- Embraces the use of technology in teaching – comfortable using multiple learning apps and proficient with Microsoft programs, Google apps, Email, Internet, iPads and Chromebooks.
- Desires to work with and build strong relationships with active and energetic boys.
- Values mentorship and building character as much as academic pursuits.
- Exemplifies our 5R Character model of being Respectful, Resourceful, Resilient, Relentless and Responsible.
- Ability to personalize programming and work with boys of various learning abilities.
- Excellent oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent classroom management, organization and planning skills.
- Thrives in a positive team environment and easily adapts to new challenges.
- Communicates with parents, students, and co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner.
- Confident in solving problems and providing solutions when issues arise.
- Works with a high standard of integrity and enthusiasm.
- Willing to take on extracurricular duties.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please visit www.northpoint.school/careers and complete the online application form. Candidates must submit a cover letter with résumé to be considered. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
*While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.