NOTE: No to the Point bulletin on Feb 17. Enjoy your Family Day weekend! We will be back with NP news on Feb 24.
Mon FEB 11 Healthy Hunger – Mucho Burrito
Wed FEB 13 Yearbook Cover Contest Deadline
Thu FEB 14 Teacher’s Convention – NO CLASSES
Fri FEB 15 Teacher’s Convention – NO CLASSES
Mon FEB 18 Family Day – NO CLASSES
Fri FEB 22 ACTION FRIDAY – Calgary Climbing Centre
Thanks for all the orders for Jenny’s Delectables. Orders will be delivered to students this week. We will send an email home on the day to be sure to check your backpacks!
30% of proceeds come back to North Point School!!!
Utah Travel Program 2019
Only 38 DAYS until departure on March 21, 2019 (at 6 am!) for the 2nd Annual Utah Travel Program. This year will have some new adventures such as slot canyon swimming (wet suits provided) – would you rappel down to the water or just ‘drop’ !??? The itinerary holds some familiar locals in the Leprechaun Canyons and adds new places like the Slidenide and Tracheotomy Canyons and a day of exploring primitive fires and pottery. Maybe we should plan a concurrent parent trip in 2020 !!!
2019 Financial Academy Meme Contest
Here is a short video with all of the entries we received for the contest.
- Which 5R traits is most important in Korean culture or your family and why? RESPECTFUL. Many Korean people believe in Confucianism. So, We have to respect older people.
- Why did you choose to come to Canada for school? Because I want to learn more English like speak or writing.
- What has surprised you the most about going to school at North Point? Eating during the class; Math is too easy. (We learn about equation at Gr.7); Using computers or cell phones during break time.
- Tell us about your family life in Korea – typical school day and some Korean words you have taught the Gr. 7 class? Family life is similar as Canada. School ends at 4 o’clock and we go to academy like Math or English. We go home at 5~7 o’clock. I taught 안녕하세요. That means “hi”, but we use this kids to adult.
- What do you love to do when not at school?I love playing video game. I love skiing. I love playing basketball.
ATHLETICS & SQUADS
as of FEBRUARY 1, 2019
Boys play their last regular season game on Feb. 19. Full CISAA basketball game information is available HERE.
SAVE THE DATE
YEARBOOKS – Thanks for the orders already received. Deadline to order yearbooks at lowest price of the year is Feb. 13, 2019. Keep those memories alive!
YEARBOOK COVER CONTEST – entries due by FEB 13, 2019.
BE BRAVE Anti-Bullying Hitmen Game – Are you practicing the dance ???? Students are encouraged to learn the annual BE BRAVE Dance ahead of the Feb 27 game. View the video of the 2019 Be Brave Dance.
SUMMER CAMP 2019
It’s not too early to think about SUMMER CAMPS! REGISTER by March 31 for a $700 savings. All camps will be held at North Point School for Boys.