ENHANCED SCIENCE PROGRAM
Students at North Point get valuable hands-on experience at the school exploring many aspects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. On a weekly basis, students are either in our North Point STEM lab working on various projects or exploring concepts in their classrooms. The program inspires young minds in a variety of engineering disciplines which include:
- 3D Design
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Control Systems
We Know Boys
- Boys tend to be Visual and Kinesthetic learners.
- Boys process and express emotions differently than girls.
- Boys need male role models.
- Boys and girls develop different skills at different stages.
- Boys mature later than girls – physically and socially.
- Boys are curious and creative.
- Boys have boundless physical energy.
- Boys can be impulsive.
- Boys tend to be disorganized.
- Boys are competitive and are risk takers.
It is with this understanding that we have created an environment that celebrates boys’ strengths and interests, understands areas of growth, and is realistic about behaviour expectations.