ENHANCED SCIENCE PROGRM
North Point has partnered with Roots 2 STEM and Capstone Engineering Academy to deliver valuable hands-on experiences both at the school and at the Roots 2 STEM laboratory facility exploring many aspects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. Led by experienced Engineer, Dean White, the program inspires young minds in a variety of engineering disciplines which include:
- 3D Design
- Electrical Systems
- Mechanical Systems
- Control Systems
We Know Boys
- Boys tend to be Visual and Kinesthetic learners.
- Boys process and express emotions differently than girls.
- Boys need male role models.
- Boys and girls develop different skills at different stages.
- Boys mature later than girls – physically and socially.
- Boys are curious and creative.
- Boys have boundless physical energy.
- Boys can be impulsive.
- Boys tend to be disorganized.
- Boys are competitive and are risk takers.
It is with this understanding that we have created an environment that celebrates boys’ strengths and interests, understands areas of growth, and is realistic about behaviour expectations.