School Day: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm Monday to Friday
Student to Teacher Ratio – Varies depending on the activity. Can range from 1:1 to 18:1.
Core Academic Program K-9
Health & Personal Life Skills
We Encourage Big Thinking
If you allow and encourage true creativity, you also have to accept the possibility of failure. Without failure there is no innovation. Failure is an opportunity to learn. A school should be a place where mistakes are allowed, tangents are encouraged and big thinking is celebrated.
Art / Music /Drama French & Spanish
Core options have been selected with the objective of offering students a complete and comprehensive
introduction to disciplines which not only help to enhance and supplement the Core Program but
broaden students life experiences. The Core option program is offered together with best-in- class
organizations and instructors proven in their fields of expertise.
STE(A)M – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math
Active Living – Rock Climbing, Archery, Hockey, Swimming, Flight School,
Outdoor Education – Rowing, Blue Lake Retreat, Garden Project
Business & Financial Literacy – One Day Business Fair @ Crossroads Market
The objective of the Discoveries Program is for students to be introduced to a wide variety of age
appropriate learning opportunities that will benefit them both today and later in life. The program is
experiential in nature with a focus on culture, personal development, physical activity, health and
North Point is focused on helping students achieve their highest academic standard possible to open
options for them as they move to high school and on to post-secondary pursuits. Everything we do
academically is in the pursuit of that opportunity for ALL of our students.
- We strive to ensure every student can be academically successful. This requires shared accountability between students, teacher and parents.
- We adhere to all Alberta Education guidelines and curriculum requirements.
- We choose options to complement core curriculum based on broadening our student’s perspectives and skills.
- We will develop classroom programming that is reflective of authentic learning, ensuring that students are establishing critical thinking and learning skills required to be successful beyond the classroom.
- Our personalized approach is designed to ensure that every student has a direct connection and feedback with teachers on a daily basis.
- We balance the flexibility our students need and desire with the structure to support their success.
- We integrate adaptive educational technology into our learning environment
- Our overall philosophy is to prepare our students for lifelong learning, leading us to support the development of positive “learning attitudes” for every student.