North Point School for Boys taps into boys’ natural curiosity and energy as a foundation for life-long learning. A strong academic program is just the beginning – we fuel motivation through real-life learning, digital platforms, and outdoor adventure developing well rounded, self-motivated, independent learners.
- The ideal student is a boy who will thrive in a very active, close-knit setting, one in which physical activity, including athletics and physical competition, is a significant aspect of school life.
- ...a fidgety introvert with a love for all things technology, and a requirement for copious physical exercise. He immediately felt at home at North Point.
- I am continuously impressed with the program; the diversity of sports, arts and education is amazing. We are so happy that we made the decision to enroll Owen there. He has grown personally so much and we know North Point has played a key role in that development.
- Our son actually says, “I love North Point School”. He keeps thanking us for sending him. He talks about what he is learning, shows pride in his work, cares about his school, his peers and his teachers are important to him. This is a very special school.
- Mom - do you know what I didn’t like about my shadow day at North Point?…NOTHING! I like everything about this school!
- The response from both the students and the teachers that join them is highly positive! The boys are adorable and SO well behaved, it’s awesome.
- I must tell you how impressed I am about how the school presents itself, its mission and its success....in assessing success, you remember the void that there was before you courageously took the plunge into the unknown to create North Point School.
- My daughters and I ...feel valued and impressed with the next level gentlemen you are raising in this school.
Students in all grades will be at the Calgary Climbing Centre for this ACTION FRIDAY afternoon.
Remember to order by WEDNESDAY of the week prior to the lunch.
All North Point students will attend the 3rd Annual Telus BE BRAVE Calgary Hitmen Game at the Saddledome. Game-time is 11:00 am. North Point will manage transportation to/from the Saddledome for all students.
Students are encouraged to learn the annual BE BRAVE Dance, provided by choreographer Kelcey Moore.
- Students from all schools participating in the BE BRAVE GAME are asked to learn this year’s dance -which will take place during the second period of the game.
- Please watch the instructional video in the link. The link will expire in a few months’ time so please download to your device if you would like to keep the video.
Click to view the video of the 2019 Be Brave Dance.
We know boys
Sitting at a desk all day is not suited to the way boys think and learn. The North Point program is a fundamental re-thinking of how a classroom operates. We design environments and experiences that are specifically geared to challenge and engage boys by focusing on their interest in practical problem solving, hands-on learning, and outdoor exploration. We understand that boys need to move to learn and we embrace and capitalize on their natural curiosity and enthusiasm.
We foster real-life learning
‘Learn by doing’ is our mantra. We draw from theories proving that boys’ retention, self- esteem and engagement are heightened through direct experience. Our hands-on approach crystallizes concepts by putting students in the centre of the learning cycle, ensuring that they are not just passive observers.
We are on the frontier of technology
We extend our physical classroom into the virtual realm by enriching our curriculum with online educators from around the world. This diverse digital platform allows us to develop personalized learning plans for every single student, and provides a flexible framework from which we guide our boys in becoming self-motivated, independent learners. We also know that most boys love technology, and we help them master concepts by integrating software, apps, and even gaming into daily activities to tap into their interests.
We always ask WHY
The Socratic method of continual inquiry and discussion frames our focus and is the foundation for engagement with our students. Our classrooms are not lecture halls. They are forums where we foster critical thinking, self-confidence and language development, allowing students to look for solutions through healthy, constructive debate.
We foster a well rounded education
Although sports and movement play a large role in our students day to day activities, we also encourage their natural, and often untapped, creativity in drama, music and art.